最後更新日期 四月 8, 2021.
Stuck in your flat without much space to move around? Working from home makes us more sedentary as we do not need to commute as much. After a long day of work, it’s tempting to just sit on the couch and binge-watch Netflix to relax. However, prolonged sitting can lead to stiffness and pain in different parts of the body or even various health problems. So how about trying to make your watching time healthier and more productive? Here are 5 easy yoga poses you can do on the couch while watching your favourite show.
Lotus Pose (Padmasana)
Instructions of Lotus Pose:
- Bend your right knee and move your right foot onto your left thigh near the hip crease. Have the sole of your foot facing the ceiling.
- Bend your left knee and move your left foot onto your right thigh near the hip crease. The sole of your left foot should also be facing the ceiling.
- Sit with your back straight.
- Place your hands on your knees.
- Breathe steadily and smoothly.
Some Benefits of Lotus Pose:
Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana)
Instructions of Bound Angle Pose:
- Bend your knees and press the soles of your feet together towards your pelvis.
- Extend your thighs horizontally to the right and left and drop your knees closer to the couch. If you are unable to bring your knees lower than your waists, a towel or cushion can be added for support. Make sure to keep the soles of your feet together.
- Straighten your spine while keeping your neck and shoulders relaxed.
- Extend your arms so your fingers can grab on to your toes.
- Breathe steadily and smoothly.
Some Benefits of Bound Angle Pose:
– Stretches the inner thighs, groins, and knees
– Relieves menstrual pain
– Improves circulation
– Helps to ease fatigue
– Stimulates the abdominal organs
Hero Pose (Virasana)
Instructions of Hero Pose:
- Kneel on the couch with your knees together.
- Raise your hips so you can separate your feet to slightly wider than hip-width distance. Point your toes to allow the backs of your feet to be flat against the couch.
- Slowly lower back down and let your hips sit between your feet. If you feel uncomfortable on your knees, put a towel or cushion under your hips.
- Place your hands on your thighs or knees and sit up straight.
- Breathe steadily and smoothly. You may rotate your thighs inward to deepen the stretch or raise your hips to release the pose.
Some Benefits of Hero Pose:
– Stretches the quads and ankles
– Builds flexibility in the knees, ankles, and thighs
– Helps to relieve symptoms of menopause
– Improves digestion
– Reduces leg swelling during the second trimester of pregnancy
Half Lord of the Fishes Pose (Ardha Matsyendrasana)
Instructions of Half Lord of the Fishes Pose:
- Sit upright with your legs extended in front of you. Bring your right leg over the left leg.
- Flex your right knee up to the level of your chest while keeping the sole of your right foot on the couch.
- Put your right hand behind you for support, as shown in the picture. Twist your torso against the inside of your right thigh, and then place your left elbow to the outside of your right knee with all fingers of your left hand pointing to the ceiling.
- Turn your head to gaze over your right shoulder.
- Breathe steadily and smoothly. Repeat the steps above for the other side.
Some Benefits of Half Lord of the Fishes Pose:
– Stretches the shoulders, hips, neck, and spine
– Helps to ease fatigue and backache
– Improves digestion
– Stimulates the kidneys and liver
– Soothes menstrual discomfort
Cow Face Pose (Gomukhasana)
Instructions of Cow Face Pose:
- Sit up straight with your legs stretched out in front of you.
- Flex your knees and slide your left foot under your right knee to the outside of your right hip.
- Slide your right foot to the outside of your left hip. Make sure your right knee stacks directly on top of your left knee and your heels are at an equal distance from your hips.
- Flex your left elbow and let the back of your left hand rest on your upper back. Then, bend your right elbow and move your right hand onto your upper back with palm facing your back. Try to hook your fingers together or hold hands behind your back.
- Breathe steadily and smoothly. Release the pose by ungrasping your hands and unbending your knees. Repeat the steps above for the other side.
Some Benefits of Cow Face Pose:
– Stretches the shoulders, armpits, triceps, thighs, ankles, hips, and chest
– Increases the body’s flexibility
– Relieves stiffness and pain in the shoulders, knees and hip joints
– Helps to decompress the low spine
– Corrects improper posture
The Final Word
You can stay in one of the poses above for as long as you are comfortable. If you have certain health conditions, it is best to consult your doctor before attempting any of the yoga poses.
We hope you enjoyed this article! Share it and sign-up to our newsletter for more articles about your health and wellbeing!
CNY Healing Arts. The Health Benefits of Padmasana (Lotus Pose). https://www.cnyhealingarts.com/the-health-benefits-of-padmasana-lotus-pose/
Shwaasa. 5 Excellent Health Benefits of Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose). https://shwaasa.org/yoga/5-excellent-health-benefits-of-gomukhasana-cow-face-pose
Yoga Journal. Bound Angle Pose. https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/bound-angle-pose
Yoga Journal. Hero Pose. https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/hero-pose
Yoga Outlet. How to Do Half Lord of the Fishes Pose in Yoga. https://www.yogaoutlet.com/blogs/guides/how-to-do-half-lord-of-the-fishes-pose-in-yoga