Medicines & Supplements A to Z > Vardenafil
Last updated on 12/07/2021.
GENERIC NAME: Vardenafil
CHINESE NAME: 伐地那非
BRAND NAME(S) IN HONG KONG: Levitra 立威大
DRUG CLASS: Vasodilators
SUB CLASS: Phosphodiesterase Inhibitors
USED FOR: Erectile dysfunction
AVAILABLE DOSAGE FORMS:
– 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg (tablets)
– 10 mg (orodispersible tablets)
What is Vardenafil for?
Vardenafil belongs to a class of medications called phosphodiesterase inhibitors. Vardenafil is used to treat erectile dysfunction (impotence) in men by increasing blood flow to the penis during sexual stimulation, to cause an erection.
How to use it?
Vardenafil can be taken by mouth, with or without food.
10 mg at 25-60 minutes before sexual intercourse, may adjust to 5-20 mg depending on response. Use no more than once every 24 hours.
5 mg at 25-60 minutes before sexual intercourse, may adjust to 5-20 mg depending on response. Use no more than once every 24 hours.
What are the side effects of Vardenafil?
Who should not take Vardenafil?
– People allergic to Vardenafil or any component of the formulation
– Patients who are currently taking nitrates regularly or as emergency medication
– Patients who recently had myocardial infarction or stroke
– This medication can make you dizzy. Avoid driving or operating machinery until you know how you respond to Vardenafil.
– Report to your doctor immediately if you experience sudden visual or hearing loss.
– If you are using Vardenafil for erectile dysfunction, seek medical assistance in case of prolonged erection (over 4 hours).
Common dosing schedule:
Take Vardenafil no more than once daily. Use at approximately one hour prior to sexual intercourse with at least 24 hours between doses.
This schedule is for reference only, adjustments may be made according to individual needs.
Please notify your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking the above medication, dosage adjustments might be needed.
Where to buy Vardenafil in Hong Kong?
In Hong Kong, Vardenafil is a prescription only medicine, and requires a prescription from a doctor to be purchased in a pharmacy. It can also be obtained from doctors. To find a pharmacy near you, refer to the list of pharmacies (“Authorized Sellers of Poisons”) from the Hong Kong Department of Health.
For more information about drug names and ingredients, you can visit Hong Kong’s Drug Office at https://www.drugoffice.gov.hk
Need more information?
For detailed information about the use of Vardenafil in children, pregnancy and breastfeeding, and for questions about drug interactions, please check with your pharmacist or doctor.
Disclaimer: our goal is to provide you with the most relevant drug information and common dosage for Hong Kong. This information does not constitute medical advice. For specific treatment recommendations and advice, always discuss with your doctor or pharmacist, and follow the instructions included with your specific medicine.