Last updated on August 26, 2021.
Let’s make this summer fun with your children! Try to do at least one fun activity each week of the summer with your children. If you have time for more, all the better! The idea is to find ways to connect with them. When there is connection, there is more cooperation.
Below are a few ideas you can do with your children to create happy memories, some in Hong Kong, some on holidays.
- Pick wild flowers and put them on your dinner table. Make it a learning activity and Google the names of the flowers and some facts about them.
- Take a blanket outside and look at the stars with the whole family.
- Paddle a kayak or a canoe.
- Go for a walk in the rain together. Wear your rainboots and stomp through the puddles.
- Make mini muffins and offer some to your neighbors.
- Make popcorn and have a family movie night.
- Build a fort or a Lego castle.
- Pick shells from the beach, wash them and display them in a bowl.
- Find rocks and paint happy faces on them. Display them around your house.
- Fly a kite.
- Visit a local market and buy something to make dinner.
- Make milkshakes or smoothies.
- Make playdough creations.
- Get loads of blankets and pegs and make a house in the living room. Get some books and flashlights and enjoy cuddling!
- Find worms and go fishing.
- Prepare food together and have a picnic.
- Go hiking.
- Roast marshmallows.
- Make a camp fire and sing songs, snuggle on a blanket.
- Play charades.
- Get up early to watch the sunrise.
- Dance to your favorite music.
- Have friends over for game night.
- Take care of a friend’s pet for the day.
- Grow vegetables.
- Make fresh lemonade.
- Print summer photos and frame them. Put them up in the rooms.