Last updated on January 5, 2022.
Looking to visit a private hospital in Hong Kong for shorter wait lines and more personalized options? Here is your comprehensive, independent guide to St. Paul’s Hospital 聖保祿醫院 in Hong Kong.
Special COVID-19 Measures
Here are the measures St. Paul’s Hospital is taking for COVID-19. If you test positive for coronavirus, you will be sent to a public hospital in Hong Kong. For more information on COVID-19 testing in Hong Kong, check out our complete guide.
Overview of St. Paul’s Hospital in Hong Kong
Founded in 1898 by the Sisters of St. Paul de Chartres, St. Paul’s Hospital is a popular private hospital located in Causeway Bay. A religious backbone influences its medical approach while bringing in a modern perspective through its comprehensive and cutting-edge equipment. St. Paul’s has around 450 beds and over 20 departments. It was inspired by the gospel values and teachings of St. Paul to continue Jesus’ mission on Earth to heal. It aims to treat patients with the Paulinian spirit of charity, and to provide special attention to the poor and underprivileged.
Areas of expertise
St. Paul’s Hospital offers 24-hour outpatient services, as well as, specialty services such as
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Rehabilitation centers
The Dental Center at St. Paul’s Hospital
St. Paul’s recently opened a new dental center offering high-quality dental services with state-of-the-art equipment. This center is supported by a strict standard of cross infection control that is accredited by the Australian Council on Health Standards (ACHS). Dental services range from implants to cosmetic dentistry.
For more information about its dental center, click here.
There is 24-hour outpatient services available on-site with no prior appointment needed. A pharmacy and accounts department is located near the outpatient clinic for convenience and efficiency. Patients should register at the reception desk upon arrival with HKID card, passport, or birth certificate. Then, in the triage station, nurses will conduct an initial assessment before patients see a doctor.
Location: G/F, Block B
Tel: 2830 8774
Health Centre & Electrodiagnostic Centre
There is a strong emphasis at St. Paul’s Hospital on early detection of diseases and it has a modern examination center to do just that. The center is designed to promote individual and public health and has a wide range of medical check-ups and programs. There are medical checkup plans for females, males, premarital couples, and pre-employment individuals. There are electrodiagnostic examinations for the following:
- Treadmill Exercise Stress Test
- Holter Electrocardiogram
- 24 hours Blood Pressure Monitor
- Cardiac Event Holter
- Resting Electrocardiogram
- Tilt Table Test
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Carotid Echocardiogram
- Lung Function Test
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Nerve Conduction Test (NCT)
For all treatment costs, click here.
Accommodation and Rooms at St. Paul’s Hospital
At St. Paul’s Hospital, there are roughly 450 beds categorized into the following:
- Premium private suite
- Suites are located on the 20th floor in Block B with panoramic greenery views as well as sofas, a flat screen TV, a pantry, a private bathroom, and a living room.
- Private room
- Private rooms include an electric bed, bedside terminal, personal electric safe, and wireless internet.
- Semi-private room
- Semi-private rooms are spacious with basic necessities including an electric bed, bedside terminal, personal electric safe, and wireless internet.
- 3-4 bedded standard room
- Standard rooms have simple furnishing and a tidy environment with an electric bed, bedside terminal, personal electric safe, and wireless internet.
- Obstetrics & Gynaecological ward
- There are private, semi-private, and 4-bedded standard rooms available.
- Pediatric ward
- This ward is designed to meet all the needs of children by creating a welcoming and comfortable environment.
- Intensive care unit
- There are 6 private rooms with 11 beds in total to provide quality services for all critically ill patients.
- Triage ward
- The triage includes private, semi-private, standard, and negative pressure room options. Negative pressure rooms have isolated facilities.
For all costs, click here.
At St. Paul’s, there is also a 24-hour emergency percutaneous coronary intervention service for immediate aid after an acute heart attack. Services in this department have two categories: Therapeutics Diagnostic Examination and Interventional Cardiovascular Therapeutics.
1. Therapeutics Diagnostic Examination
- Coronary Angiogram
- Right & Left Heart Study
- Carotid Angiogram
- Peripheral Angiogram
- Renal Angiogram
- Electrophysiology Study (EPS)
2. Interventional Cardiovascular Therapeutics
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty & Stenting
- Carotid Artery Angioplasty & Stenting
- Peripheral Transluminal Angioplasty & Stenting
- Peripheral Transluminal Renal Angioplasty & Stenting
- Percutaneous Transvenous Mitral Commissurotomy
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Implantation of Permanent Pacemaker
- Implantation of Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
- Implantation of Cardiac Resynchronization Pacemaker
- Implantation of Cardiac Resynchronization Defibrillator
- 24 hours Emergency Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Service
Patient-care in this department is by appointment only with an emergency line available. For more information, click here.
The Maternity and Nursery departments have maternity wards, 4 delivery suites, and nursery wards. Each delivery room includes monitoring and resuscitation systems for infants. Services include maternity delivery services, post-natal exercise, antenatal talk, fetal screening services, and nursery services.
Maternity delivery services contain spontaneous vaginal delivery, cesarean section, and information for the hospital stay. For more information, please click here.
For all maternity-related costs, click here.
Medical insurance coverage at St. Paul’s Hospital
Nearly all medical insurance providers in Hong Kong cover treatments by St. Paul’s Hospital: Aetna, AIA, AXA, ALC, A Plus International, April, Bupa, Cigna, FWD, Generali, Liberty Insurance, Prudential, Manulife, Now Health, William Russell, etc.
Do I have the right medical insurance in Hong Kong?
Looking for health insurance for yourself, your family or your team?
Alea brings you choice, unbiased advice and personalized service, with access to 100+ options from 25 insurance companies. Receive a free comparison quote or schedule a chat with an advisor today.
How to get to St. Paul’s Hospital?
Address: 2 Eastern Hospital Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
How to get there: Public shuttle bus, MTR, taxi or car.
If you want to learn more about St. Paul’s Hospital in Hong Kong, visit their website here!
Interested in another private hospital in Hong Kong? Check out all our other expert online hospital guides, plus hundreds of doctor-reviewed articles about your health in Hong Kong!
What is the expertise of St. Paul's Hospital？
Apart from their 24-hour outpatient services, St. Paul Hospital provides services in specialties including cardiology, endoscopy, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, urology, radiology and so forth.
What services does St. Paul's Hospital provide？
St. Paul Hospital offers inpatient and outpatient services with its many specialist centres, in particular cardiovascular centre, dental centre, elderly day care centre, endoscopy centre, eye centre, OBGYN department and rehabilitation centre, etc.
What are the body check packages of St. Paul's Hospital ?
A variety of health check-up plans are available at St. Paul Hospital and packages come in form of male, female, pre-marital and pre-employment plans. Check the Health Centre & Electro Diagnostic Centre at St. Paul Hospital for more details.